Sunday 22 November 2015

A letter to my 1 year old

1 day late as I forgot to schedule this one for yesterday.

To my dearest son,

I can't believe you're a whole year old. 12 months. 52 weeks. 365 days. A whole year has passed since I got my gorgeous little chunk of a boy placed in my arms. A whole year since I sat looking into your beautiful eyes for the first time. A whole year since I finally got the title of Mamma.

What a year it has been. We've been through some challenges, some ups and downs. Mostly ups, though. From that beautiful first smile, to the messy first taste of food, to the cheeky grin that met me the first time you pulled yourself up to stand. How has it all fit in just one year? How has a whole year passed? Have you not been with us forever?

You are a ray of sunshine, a cheeky mischief maker, a cuddle monster, and the best little boy a mummy can ask for. You rarely cry, and when you do it's usually for a reason. You always spread joy and happiness, and your giggle can brighten even the darkest of days. I am so incredibly proud to be able to call you my son. Mamma is the proudest title I could ever have.

There may have been hard times, and like all 1 year olds you have bad days. But they are few and far in between, and there is no terrible night that can't be remedied by a beaming smile in the morning. No tantrum that can't be remedied by a cuddle. No tears that can't be wiped away by your laughter.

My dearest son - thank you for making me the happiest I could be by letting me be your mummy. Thank you for humouring me with that cheeky smile when you know you're being a touch naughty. Thank you for being you.

Mamma loves you. To infinity and beyond.


Scandimum and Boy on an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment