Sunday 17 January 2016

New Year New Possibilities!

A rather belated Happy New Year everyone! Where has the past two months gone? With Christmas and New Year and all the preparations and travel that went with the two, the time seems to just have flown. One of my New Year resolutions is to spend more time doing things I enjoy, one of which is writing. I have now acquired my own laptop as well (a hand-me-down from the husband as he managed to talk his boss into giving him a new one) I might actually have some time for it.

I rarely make official New Year resolutions, simply because I rarely stick to them. This year it's not resolutions per se, but more things I want to do anyway. As mentioned, I want to do more of things I enjoy. My evenings and general time when the Boy is asleep has become very monotonous recently, generally just killing time on my phone with games, and it has more and more infiltrated my time with the Boy as well. I'm determined to get better at leaving my phone mostly in peace during the time he's awake so I can play with him and enjoy him instead.

Another "resolution" I've made is a fairly standard one which everyone and their neighbour makes: Exercise more. I do enjoy running, and I did it a fair bit in the lead up to our wedding back in 2013, but since falling pregnant and becoming a mum I hate to say I've barely been doing any running. I would like to do a 10k this year, and I have my eyes set on one in May, which means I really rather need to get exercising, otherwise I'll end up walking it! May have to be my nap time activity and just run with the pram, and see it as extra exercise.

Someone I follow on Instagram led me to another thing I wanted to do - Take more pictures! So for 2016 I'm planning on putting up one picture a day (for now this is on my personal Instagram profile, though!) as part of "Project 366". I've managed up until now, with a few last minute posts, and really hope I'll make it through the whole year with one picture every day! (Or two, like today..)

I've also decided to start meal planning. We're 2 weeks in and it's going great, and I'm really enjoying having a plan of what to eat and when during the week. It means weekly shops are back, as opposed to nipping up to the Coop (other shops are available lol) to see if there is anything that tickles my fancy for dinner that evening. It's not all too bad, though it would be easier without the 1-year-old. That does remind me that I haven't done next week's menu or shopping list.... Next job!

Have you made any New Year's resolutions? How are they going?

Meal planning stage 1: Find ideas of foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment